Tuesday, October 4th is the Pittsburgh Day of Giving, a day-long chance to give back to your community by supporting local non-profit organizations with a charitable donation. The Pittsburgh Foundation will match each donation, but this ends at 11:59 pm. Once the donations are totaled, each non-profit will receive a hefty check from the Pittsburgh Foundation.
Donating starts at midnight. Click here to see a list of local non-profits and learn more about the Day of Giving.
Here’s just a sample list of the kid and family friendly organizations that can benefit from the Day of Giving:
– A+ Schools
– Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
– Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Greater Pittsburgh
– The Children’s Home of Pittsburgh
– The Early Learning Institute
– Every Child, Inc.
– Family Services of Western Pennsylvania
– Gemini Theater Company
– Homeless Children’s Education Fund
– The Midwife Center for Birth and Women’s Health
– The Fred Rogers Company
– Reading is FUNdamental Pittsburgh
– The Outdoor Classroom